The Reason Why | Purpose
- We believe that the European DMOs have the opportunity and the responsibility to play a key role for an inclusive transformation towards an economy and society that respects the planetary boundaries and works towards more attractive places.
- We challenge and support European DMOs in accelerating the development and management of regenerative urban tourism destinations.
Goals & Guiding Principles
- Centre of excellence/point of reference to the CityDNA network members, organization and the Board, as well as other partners regarding sustainability, regeneration, impact and legacy.
- Support and encourage our stakeholders (above mentioned) to make concrete actions towards sustainability/sustainable operations to accelerate the necessary regenerative transformation.
- Be a strong network of sustainability leaders within the CityDNA network who positively contribute to the development of DMOs/destinations of the future.
What we do | Action Plan
We reach our goals through the following actions:
- Creating, gathering and sharing knowledge, trends and best practices regarding all aspects of sustainability.
- Developing tools and insight on key definitions and concepts, and communicating about it.
- Collaborating and engaging with other CityDNA Knowledge Groups and partners to create synergies, added value and impact.
- Enabling access and involvement of the CityDNA network by organizing various events, projects and webinars.
Sustainability Group Members
- Lone Bak Kirk, Aarhus
- Maya Janssen, Amsterdam
- Luisa Mentz, Berlin
- Maria del Mar Gil Cruz, Catalonia
- Catharina Cecilie Aas, Copenhagen
- Antje Ocampo, Hamburg
- Theresa Geissel, Innsbruck
- Olivier Mathieu, Lausanne
- Alenka Soršak, Ljubljana