CityDNA members are official tourist boards, convention bureaux and multi-functional urban marketing agencies established by cities in Europe.
Tailor-made for cities….
They are official in the sense that they are constituted either as departments of city government or public-private partnerships (i.e. companies, foundations, etc.).
To qualify as a member of City Destinations Alliance, a European city represented by its organisation must meet at least two of the following criteria as these apply in its metropolitan area:
- More than 3,000 beds or 1,500 rooms in commercial accommodations
- Capacity to host a meeting of at least 300 delegates in one plenary room, providing sufficient supporting facilities for breakout and catering
- At least three international meetings per year with a minimum of 300 delegates coming from at least three countries during the last three years
Full members may be elected to the Board. They have the right to vote at the ordinary and extraordinary General Assembly.
Organisations complying with these criteria above can apply as full members.
…connected to national and regional organisations
While keeping its focus on cities, CityDNA proposes National and Regional entities to tackle this perspective by establishing permanent contact and working together with cities, one of the basis to enhance national business.
Regional or national institutions with an interest or involvement in business/leisure tourism and/or city marketing can apply as affiliate members.
- Regional organisations can join if at least one of the main cities of the same region is member of City Destinations Alliance.
- National organisations can join City Destinations Alliance if the capital city and two other cities from the same country are members.
Representatives attending events of City Destinations Alliance must be employees or Board members of the affiliate member organisation.
To become a member of City Destinations Alliance, cities must pay a membership fee which is linked to their total revenue, i.e. the overall incomes of your organisation: national/local government grant, bed taxes, TIC income, commissions, sponsorship and advertising, membership fee and private sector donations, financial interests…
The system is tailor-made to your organisation and what you can afford and will give you access to all services.
|Total income (in €)||Yearly membership fees 2023||Yearly membership fees 2024|
|Up to 1 million||2 160 €||2 360 €|
|From 1 to 2 million||3 240 €||3 540 €|
|From 2 to 4 million||3 780 €||4 130 €|
|From 4 to 6 million||4 320 €||4 720 €|
|From 6 million||4 860 €||5 310 €|
|Affiliate members||4 860 €||5 310 €|