Marketing & Communication
The Reason Why | Purpose
- There is a very close relationship between marketing and communication. No marketing strategy can be created and be successful without clear communication techniques. Finding the right communication strategy for each destination is a key part in DMOs’ tasks nowadays.
- Our mission is to contribute on the process to create awareness of the positive aspects of Destinations, through marketing strategies and a correct communication plan to help DMOs promote their city through on an offline channels.
- Our target group is the marketing and communication teams from DMOs that are willing to learn, share, and work together on projects for City DNA members.
Goals & Guiding Principles
- Create a knowledge hub about marketing & communication strategy and practices.
- Inspire successful business transformation and new initiatives based on digital and innovation.
- Gather and share insights on the tourism marketing landscape across Europe.
- To help destinations improve the promotion management of their city.
What we do | Action Plan
- Share best practices on (digital) communication.
- Content creation for marketing & communication hub on CityDNA Intranet.
- Search for new lecturers for CityDNA conferences and chats.
- Organisation of webinars about (digital) marketing & communication topics.
- Benchmarking: (Digital) marketing & communication KPIs Survey (in collaboration with Research & Insights Knowledge Group).
- Collaboration with CityDNA partners.
- Sharing tools and platforms that can help DMOs grow and learn.
Marketing & Communication Group Members
- Martijn Peschke, Amsterdam
- Anna-Maria Chatzidaki, Athens
- Abigail Siguenza, Madrid