The Reason Why | Purpose
The City Cards Knowledge Group leads the actions of the City Cards Project network.
The Project aims to be a platform helping members to develop, market & promote their products, in order to improve the overall offer of European cities.
The group’s purpose is to implement concrete and practical actions, that will allow members to benchmark with other city cards.
Goals & Guiding Principles
- Gather insights and share experiences and knowledge on how to set up, run and sell a city card.
- Provide a platform where managers & product developers can network and discuss the latest trends on city card marketing, strategy & product development, and what are their challenges.
- Promote European city cards to the public and trade industry.
- Increase consumers’ awareness and encourage their purchase of city cards when travelling, as a sustainable and practical product, which can generate revenue for the city.
What we do | Action Plan
The City Cards Project is a reliable network of cities, aiming to gather and share their knowledge. Some of their main actions are:
- Annual City Cards Expert Meeting.
- Annual Benchmarking survey on European city cards.
- City Cards branding campaign welovecitycards.com.
- Online discussion on Zoom every two months about city card related topics.
- Inspiring webinars (3-4 per year).
- Participation in CityDNA Conference to provide networking opportunities, making sure the City Cards Project is on the CityDNA agenda.