At the General Assembly of City Destinations Alliance held in Sofia on April 21, 2023, Board Members, Vice-Presidents and President were elected by the association’s members.
During City Destinations Alliance International Conference & General Assembly in Sofia gathering more than 180 persons last week, Petra Stušek (Ljubljana) was prolonged by the General Assembly as the President for a duration of 1 year following the President’s term extension that was also voted during the General Assembly. Michael Otremba (Hamburg) was also re-elected as Vice-President for a duration of 3 years. Sabine Schwanz (Madrid) was elected as Vice-President for a mandate of 2 years.
The newly elected board members are Gerry Lennon (Belfast) and Anne-Signe Fagereng (Oslo). Susanne Höller (Graz) was re-elected as board member for a second mandate.
Sam Johnston (Dublin) goes on with his role as Vice-President. Tom Bellion (Luxembourg) continues with his role as Treasurer. Geerte Udo (Amsterdam), Patrik Romano (Bologna), Patrick Bontinck (Brussels), Yvonne Coulin (Nuremberg) and Miguel Angel Pérez (Valencia) continue their mandates as the association’s Board Members.
Current Executive Committee of City Destinations Alliance:
- Petra Stušek, President (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
- Sam Johnston, Vice-President (Manager, Dublin Convention Bureau)
- Michael Otremba, Vice-President (CEO, Hamburg Tourismus)
- Sabine Schwanz, Vice-President (Director Travel Trade & Connectivity, Madrid Destino)
- Tom Bellion, Treasurer (Director, Luxembourg City Tourist Office)
Current Board Members of City Destinations Alliance:
- Geerte Udo (CEO, amsterdam&partners)
- Gerry Lennon (CEO, Visit Belfast)
- Patrik Romano (Managing Director, Bologna Welcome)
- Patrick Bontinck (CEO, visit.brussels)
- Susanne Höller (Head of Destination Marketing, Graz Tourismus und Stadtmarketing)
- Yvonne Coulin (CEO, Nuremberg Convention and Tourist Office)
- Anne-Signe Fagereng (Director of Marketing, VisitOSLO)
- Miguel Angel Pérez (Brand & Markets Director, VISIT VALÈNCIA)
Petra Stušek, President of City Destinations Alliance said: “I am delighted to have been re-elected as the President of City Destinations Alliance for an additional year. I cannot express how much of an honour it is to serve in this role once again. With the launch of our brand-new Strategy: Welcoming Wegeneration which is the long-term purpose and vision of our association, my 12 fellow board members from all over Europe, the CityDNA Head Office and myself will implement an action plan and continue working towards a common goal of making our cities great places to live, work, meet, and explore.”